Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sleep is Good


Passed out from fun at the Como Park Zoo

Thank you for the kind comments on my last post. I was bracing myself for the 'suck it up and stick it out' kind of response but was pleasantly suprised with your support. I feel pressure to have Adelyn in bed at an earlier time, so not to be a delinquent mother, but honestly and selfishly I like her later bed time. Not only does Jon get to spend more time with her after work, but her night time feeding isn't until after 5 am. By then it almost feels like morning (I guess it technically is). I still aspire to have her in bed by 9 at some point but won't feel so guilty about the 10:30 time for now--at which point she falls asleep on her own.

Brandi and Jeff met us at the battle of Lakeville south vs north football game last night (south won--yay! I guess Adelyn is good luck for them too) They came over afterwards and I was so proud of Adelyn for falling asleep on her own (at 10:30) with no 'bed time routine'. I have decided to be thankful that she sleeps as well as she does and will gradually move up her bed time. She slept with us for the first 6 weeks of her life and still does on occasion after her am feeding and to be honest I would not do it any other way. There is little more special then having your child sleeping peacefully near you. Thanks again for the encouragement!

I am so happy it is sunny this Saturday afternoon. I am hoping we can go to the Lakeville arts festival (similar to mines and pines I believe) & maybe tour a few parade of homes. That's only fair since we spent last weekend watching football-right? :)

PS-Brandi and Jeff are expecting a little babe of their own in March--YAY!

3 Comments:

Blogger [ brooke ] said...

the lions are never sleeping when i go there...

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adelyn sure gets alot of stimulation haha. CONGRATS TO BRANDI! Please tell her for me. You roomies sure have grown up. Iowa State lost, I'm betting Adelyn wasn't wearing her fan gear. Tell her to slip a fighting irish outfit on because they need it, it is not a happy household here. love you

5:29 PM  
Blogger Bradley said...

Sorry Stac, I didn't realize Iowa State was playing or I could have put Adelyn in her fan gear. We were watching the ND game though and I was thinking of you! Hopefully it didn't spoil the whole day.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home