Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bargain Jackpot

Today was a good day! Jon and Adelyn kindly hit the road with me at 8 am to tackle the Lakeville garage sale day. We have gone the past few years but it wasn't until Adelyn came along that we really had an 'agenda' of what to find. I have been watching the store ads for many of the items we found but am much more pleased with the prices today (we estimate we saved 80% off regular prices-yahoo). Adelyn and I browsed a few sales Thurs and Friday and I had began to lose hope that the items I was searching for could be found. I guess Jon brought us good luck! Just when the van looked like it could hold no more, we spotted a perfect play kitchen and managed to sweeze that in too. I wish I had taken a picture of the bursting van :) I think I am just as excited to play with the toys as Adelyn. I had to post the photos for Granny, who sadly can't be here to relish in all the good bargains with me--thanks for teaching us how to spot a good deal!



I had really wanted to get Adelyn a kitchen for her 1st b-day!

The item on the right is a check out for playing grocery store--one of my personal favorites!

An arts and crafts table

My #1 quest for the weekend--mission accomplished!

And a photo of the happy shopper

3 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

granny said:
"Oh wow! They got some nice things!" She also said good job and she's glad she taught you well. :) She is very proud! "Keep lookin for them bargains..but this time find something for me. hehe:D"

Little Adelyn looks adorable! looks like she'll be occupied for quite some time. :) Love it all! Yay for the spacious Bradley mobile!!

And Granny would like to know if Adelyn got the yard finished?? :)

We love you.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Balvin said...

WOW, those things are AWESOME!!! She will be having lots of fun this summer! I am very jealous. I love garage saleing! Is that table for kids or adults, it's super cute!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Bradley said...

Its a kids table. I should have put Murphy in the photo for size scale :) I couldn't pass on the good steals!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home