Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Room = New Challenges

Adelyn's Valentine gift to us was figuring out how to escape from her crib. I put her down for a nap this afternoon and thought she was being unusually quiet for not quite being asleep yet. But I thought to myself 'Wow, maybe she is getting older and really getting the hang of this nap thing'. Yeah right! A few minutes later I hear her knocking at her bedroom door saying "Mommy! Out!" I never heard a thump so she must have dangled herself out pretty well. I tried again and less then a minute after I had shut her door she was knocking on it again. I asked her if she would show me how she gets out to which she replied "Sure." Sure enough she just throws one leg over and slowly dangles down. Great.


Showing off her Vday cookie from friend Olivia

Happy Valentines Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess I can laugh because I'm not in that situation... I just found it so incredibly funny that she knew what you were asking of her and then she just went and showed you how the trick was done! LOL!!
Oh man Adelyn..no one can underestimate how smart you are!

Cute pics:)
And good luck with trying to figure out a solution...if I think of anything clever I'll call :P

2:55 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

That a girl, hahaha. I love it that she started yelling your name and knocking instead taking advantage of not napping and play!

That is so funny, sorry, it is. And that fact that she showed you...I better have a talk with her.

Love you guys!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home