Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Adelyn!


"Freezer Blueberries" ...a daily request, never mind there are fresh ones in the fridge now--certainly not messy enough

How is my sweet baby 2??? Turning one felt like a normal and even fun milestone but turning 2 just seems weird. It has been an amazing year of changes for you Adelyn. You are constantly adding to your verbal vocabulary and cracking me up daily with the things you say. Yesterday you shut the car door and said "that was a heavy one." Today you said from the back seat "Go Mommy" when the stop light turned green. (I don't know how you figure these things out!) The tone you use, the sound effects, everything about the way you communicate is so cute. If you want something from me you tend to tip your head to the side, look at me and say in a high pitched voice "candy?" "sure." as though to answer your own questions. You reach for my morning coffee cup and say "tiny sip?" "OK." "warm"(while nodding your head to assure me its not hot and is OK for you to drink). You have a ton of personality. You love playing with other kids and are generally very sweet and kind to them. I could spend all day watching you and smiling. You make me so proud! It is amazing to me how much I love you! I hope you grow up confident in that love. Everyday I thank God for you. Your dad and I are so blessed.
Happy Birthday love bug!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

oh man...i loved this post. It's crazy thinking how much she is really growing up so quick. Especially since I don't get to see her everyday it blows me away how different she is with each visit!! She is such a smart and sweet little girl. I love her!!!
I'm excited to see you all this weekend!!!
Happy Birthday Sweet Adelyn!

P.S. She was talking to me on the phone last night while she was at your mom's place and said "I'm hurt." And I asked her if she wanted me to kiss her owie when I came there and she thought about it for a second and then said "...yeah..." hahaha =)

Have fun celebrating! Give her a huge hug and kiss from me..or I could just wait two days ;)

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie...its amazing how much kids pick up on things and how quickly they learn. I love the picture of her eating the blueberries. Very smart to take off her shirt. :) It's so hard to believe she is already two. Have a great time celebrating this weekend and Happy Birthday Adelyn!
Laura

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home