Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day One

OK. We're back at the sleep thing again. Today was the day we designated as "move to the crib day." It was a rough evening for the now 5 month old, but went suprisingly better then I expected. She is peacefully sleeping after 1 hour and 10 minutes of crying, 25 minutes longer then 'average'. I'm not so sure I would prefer above average in this case but I guess its not my choice. Amazingly we did not cave in and pick her up from her crib once. Jon checked on her once, prior to being sent to bed about 20 minutes into the deal. We know he can't be trusted to not take her out :) I proceeded to check on her every 5 minutes or so until the end when it was obvious she was losing steam.
Then suddenly, silence. Of course then I thought "ohh my gosh, what if she can't breath" or something to that effect. But since we baby proofed the crib I resisted the need to rush in at least until she was a little deaper in sleep. I just peaked and THANKFULLY she is all snuggled up snoozing. Praise the Lord!
The book I read said to expect tomorrow to be worse as she will really test us. But then the third day is supposed to be much easier. Lets hope so!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

yah for Adelyn and Jon! Did you know mom was decorating for x-mas last night?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Stacy, Jim and Brielle said...

hurray for crib sleeping!! it's really hard and i have to tell jim to stop picking her up out of there too! unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of just letting her cry for a while so she will go to sleep...that's apartment living for you!! i hope the transition continues to be smooth for all of you (JON!)

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home