Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Too early for Christmas music?


AK gang after enjoying a pre-Thanksgiving feast coutesy of Linda

Now that the Halloween decor is on clearance and the Christmas isles are quickly expanding, is it acceptable to break out the Christmas CDs? I put one in on the way home from Jon's hockey game last night and it was truely music to my ears. I tend to go through a period of denial that the summer is really ending but now that we have seen the snow in AK and the stores are beginning to look more festive, I am ready to embrace WINTER! I found myself already plotting what weekend is best to set up the Christmas tree and decor. I think Adelyn will get a kick out of the lights and ornaments. She was petting the trees at Target today and looked excited :)

I could do without the ferocious wind that accompanies our winters though. I tried taking Murphy and Adelyn on a walk this afternoon and I seriously had trouble pushing the stroller the wind was so strong. Plus I almost froze my fingers and bunz off. That's just not right. What would it take to get a few mountains around here to block the wind???

Linda (the mom of Jon's good friend Sean--who lives in Hawaii now) made us a dinner one evening in Alaska that spared none of the Thanksgiving/Christmas feast staples. She went all out--turkey, potatoes, stuffing and even cranberries. It was delicious and already I am dreaming of November 23rd. Mmmmm!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Balvin said...

Shannon, I support the early Christmas music. I too have put some in and listened. Sadly, I will not be decorating the house like usual. I want to save my sanity. I want to love my children through the holidays rather than get angry about all the tree ornaments being walked around the house.

Let's talk about a gathering date!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Stacy, Jim and Brielle said...

LOVE X-MAS TUNES!!! I lost all of my Christmas CD's but I really should get some for this year! I don't think it is ever to early to start celebrating and decorating...I've already been planning too, so I don't think that you're crazy!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

dude, I'm gonna be the odd ball here, no x-mas music. Bahumbug (sp?).

Just kidding I've already bought many gifts falalalala!

Love you guys

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home