Monday, February 18, 2008

"Church"

Adelyn is at an age where she loves going to church to play with the kids. She squeals when we turn into the parking lot, clapping, kicking her feet and chanting 'church' & 'kids'. Kim said last Tuesday when she was watching her they were going to run some errands. Kim told her where she needed to stop and asked Adelyn if she wanted to go anywhere, to which she answered "church." That just cracks me up. Of course we are very happy she enjoys it so much and hope the phase never passes. The past few weeks we have put her in the 1-2 yr old nursery room, which has the big play house, while we are at Sunday School and then she moves up to the 2-3 yr old room for the 2nd hour. Her good friends Jack and Livy are in that room so she looks forward to playing with them. I like that she gets to go to 2 different rooms so its not too long of a morning.

Other weekend updates...no more crib escapes which we are thankful for! We've got the room darker now so I think that's helping her sleep. Saturday after swimming lessons we met Grandma and Chloe at the zoo for a Tropical Party. They had a sandbox set up and fun music. Then we walked the tropics trail and talked about how we wish we really were on vacation. Ohh to be out of the freezing cold for a few days! Bummer that I can't fly anymore or I would be seriously looking at the Expedia last minute vacation packages.

Tropical Party at the zoo Saturday

why didn't we take one more warm vacation this winter...?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful with EXPEDIA. THey are scamming people. Source: http://www.expedianews.com

1:52 PM  
Blogger Shainerz said...

Oh, how I love your cute daughter. Everything you blog about her saying I can just hear her saying it in my mind and I get a huge smile on my face...she's so precious. And I pray that her love for church would remain, too! You can travel to the north if you'd like..we're going to get up to 30 sometime this week!!! That actually is warm compared to what it has been:) But i understand..I often dream of Hawaii and other tropical type places :D

P.S. I promise to update my blog soon...I apologize for being a slacker.

Much love!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home