Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cribs are Overrated


Who needs a crib when mom and dad's bed is just right?

Don't worry. This was a supervised co-nap. I was able to sit in the room and work on putting photos in albums (that I printed 3 months ago!) while these cuties snuggled. Naptime has proven to be the most challenging adjustment for me with the 2 girls. As of last week I decided to throw out my expectations that both girls will nap in their resepective beds each day in a 'text book' fashion. The drill was I get Alyse to sleep, 'quick' try and read to Adelyn and rock her to sleep (nothing quick about this), ohh, Alyse is crying already, run to help her, back to Adelyn etc. Forget it! Since that decision my stress levels have gone down and wouldn't you know it they are still getting their beauty rest. Methods have been a little more creative...some work some don't but hey you live and learn! It was so sweet watching them twitch and bump each other off and on during the nap. Both prefer to sleep next to a warm body--might as well be each others! Then maybe I can get a few of my little projects done every now and then. (don't write me about the dangers of co-sleeping as I will keep a close eye on my darlings)

2 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

Hey...I'm all about whatever works! Don't worry, we trust you mom!! =) That is so precious. I miss those little darlings already.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi- that is an adorable pic! my girls love freezer blueberries too. how have you been feeling?

katrina

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home