Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One for Team Mom

What has happened to my avocado loving baby? In her early eating days she would consume more healthy foods then I have in my life. Adelyn, now 2 would be perfectly happy eating junk all day with a little fruit and dairy on the side. (Unfortunately this is probably a trait she gets from me...Stacy can attest to my poor snacking choices growing up). Somewhere around 18 months she started becoming obsessed with 'candy'. I have been trying to find some alternatives and yesterday hit a gold mine.

We had some individually wrapped prunes ('dried plums' sounds so much nicer) that she came across while raiding the pantry. Yes, she pulls a chair over to the pantry and digs around. I had tried once with Adelyn a few months ago, being that they were a favorite of hers at one time I thought she might like them. Not then but once it was her idea it was all good. I'm assuming she thought they were a fruit snack type of candy given the packaging. I reluctantly agreed to her having one (mind games of course). She gobbled it up and kept asking for more. Yes! A healthy snack added to the mix. She does tend to favor fruit so if anyone has good veggie or other snack tricks I'd love to try them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home