Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mom's Night Out

Last night our church had a 'Mom's Night Out'. I wasn't committed to going being that Mondays can often be long without anything extra going on. However, when the organizer called this weekend and said it was a spa theme complete with manicures, pedicures and a massage stations of course I signed up! I am so happy that I went, even though prior to getting there I wondered why I had made the commitment. (Jon and Adelyn had a nice night at home together partying as well.)

Our children's pastor shared some inspirational thoughts from her personal experience--raising 5 kids! while we snacked on some goodies. She emphasized the importance of taking care of yourself--mentally, physically and spiritually. Ignore yourself and you will burn out! We had time to move around to the different stations and visit with other moms. It was so nice just to be pampered and get to know others in the church better. I am thankful they took the time to organize this event as it is too easy to neglect papering yourself a little. On that note, everyone go take a candlelight bubble bath but don't fall asleep in the tub!

Celebrating after Bethel beat St Thomas on Sat. night--Adelyn and Andrew are 3 months apart

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Balvin said...

I;m very jealous I could use a good Moms night out!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home