Sunday, December 02, 2007

First Snow


Walking just got a whole lot harder

Snowball fight--Grandma wins!

Dad's the coolest (no pun intended-burr!)

So far Adelyn gives the snowy weather two thumbs up. Grandma Bonnie watched her in the morning while Jon and I tackled some Christmas shopping. They spent the first hours of the snowstorm stomping around outside. Then when we got home she wanted even more. The poor girl can't even bend over to pick up a snowball without tipping over. It was pretty funny! The snowsuit must take some getting used to. Plus her cute boots that I got for $5 last spring are too small (dang it!) so I'm sure that doesn't help much. After church we hope to conquer the MOA for more shopping. Adelyn and Grandma are being drug along this time...off to find new boots. Hope you are enjoying the new snow! Its been a few years since I've had snow for my birthday, which was weird, so I think its great.

We got the Christmas tree decorated after the snowball fight and most of the decor out. There are still aspirations of getting some lights on the outside of the house but we'll see what happens there. When we were out playing in the snow I mentioned we need to go in and have hot cocoa (directed at the adults of course). Later that evening Adelyn came up to me and said 'hot chocolate'...not quite that clear but I knew what she was talking about. She's never even had it before but must have known somehow that its something good. She continues to surpise us with how much she picks up on. Unfortunately no hot cocoa for her last night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Totman said...

Happy Birthday!! The snow was pretty fun, I have to admit. It may be lazy yesterday. Anyway, your updated family photo is cute... but it looks like it also updated your country to the first "A" country on the list instead of the USA so I wanted to let you know:)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Shainerz said...

Hahaha I did notice that you put "Afghanistan" as your country, too, YIKES!
Well, I am glad you Bradley's and Grandma Greenwood are enjoying the snow. Unfortunately I must be a grinch as I am not finding the positives from it. :P Although I guess it does look very pretty on the trees! Anyway, tell Adelyn if she wants some hot chocolate she can head this way and Cousin Amber will give her some!!! :)
Have a very Happy Birthday Shan! We will be thinking of you.
LOVE YOU ALL!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home